We are coming up on the last Rule, Rule 11. I think it is worthwhile to review the Rules for Being Human again before concluding the final chapter of the manual, “When to Lay the Weapons Down.”
RULES FOR BEING HUMAN
1. YOU WILL RECEIVE A BODY. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period of this time around.
2. YOU WILL LEARN LESSONS. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. THERE ARE NO MISTAKES, ONLY LESSONS. Growth is a process of trial and error: Experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”
4. A LESSON IS REPEATED UNTIL LEARNED. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. LEARNING LESSONS DOES NOT END. There is no part of life…
View original post 165 more words